Here is a simple, healthy recipe that is quick, inexpensive and great for the family.
- Energy: 345kcal
- High in fibre (contains 6g)
- 2 of your 5 a day
- Tuna is a good source of protein.
150g* (1/2 cup) cooked brown rice
80g (1/2 can) drained Tuna
2 Spring onions, finely sliced
80g defrosted mixed veg
1 medium sized tomato, chopped
2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Parsley (fresh or dried)
Juice 1 lemon
Pepper & a pinch of salt for taste
Cooking olive oil
*300g (1 cup) uncooked rice
- Fry spring onions with a small amount of cooking olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the tuna, followed by the mixed veg & rice to the frying pan to warm.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, a sprinkle of parsley and pepper and salt for seasoning.
- Place the contents into a bowl or plate and add the tomatoes and drizzle the extra virgin olive oil for flavour.
Cost: Approx. £10 for all ingredients, £3 per adult portion
Note: The amount of ingredients provided represent what is required to make one individual adult portion. A child’s portion would require half the amount of the ingredients listed e.g. 40g mixed veg instead of 80g.