Total cooking time: 35 mins Cost: £2.20 per portion
Nutrition info: Energy (320kcals), 2 of your 5 a day.
What you’ll need: 1 large frying pan, chopping boards, knifes & spoon.
Ingredients (4 portions)
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 tin of broad beans
- 85g parmesan
- 350g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g lean back bacon, fat removed, bacon chopped into small pieces
- 2 plump garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt &freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- Place spaghetti in large stockpot filled with salted boiling water and cook according to package directions (remember to reserve some of the cooking water for the sauce later on).
- Meanwhile, sauté bacon over low heat until crisp, adding a few drops of oil.
- Add the creme fraiche, and and stir slowly, until the meat has softened and oil and cream mixture blends well and begins to thicken.
- Add half the Parmesan cheese and continue to stir slowly until melted in and season.
- Stir slowly over low heat until the sauce begins to thicken heavily.
- Add the cooked spaghetti, broad beans and peas along with some of the pasta water to thin to desired consistency, and mix well. Serve with the remaining Parmesan cheese.