This is a delicious and healthy tropical snack for those that want to try something new.
Time: 25 mins Makes 2 servings
- Energy: 122 kcals per serving
- Good source of potassium*
- Good source of vitamin A & vitamin C
1 medium unripe plantain (they should be hard and green), thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon desiccated coconut
The zest of ½ small lime
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the plantains in a bowl and toss with oil and seasonings until coated.
- Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for approx. 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove from oven and eat when cooled.
- Plantain chips can crisp easily so be careful that they don’t get too hard.
- *Potassium is good for heart health and counteracts the negative effects of sodium.
- You can buy plantain at most supermarkets and also loose fruit & veg market stalls.