A tasty stir fry recipe that will really tickle your taste-buds!
Total cooking time: 35 mins Cost: £2.30 per portion
Nutrition info (per portion): Energy (294kcals), 1-2 of your 5 a day.
What you’ll need: 1 large frying pan or wok, frying pan, pot, chopping boards, knifes & spoon.
Ingredients (2 portions)
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 50g unsalted cashew nuts
- 50g cooked prawns
- 250g egg noodles
- 160g peas
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1-2 tbsp of low salt soy sauce
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- Thumb of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- vegetable oil
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again, toss in a little oil and put to one side. Lightly toast the cashew nuts in a non-stick frying pan until golden, then tip onto a plate to cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok. Season the chicken with a pinch of pepper, then add to the pan and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Add the coriander stalks, garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute.
- Next, add the spring onions,prawns, peas and broccoli and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, then add the cooked noodles. Keep stir-frying until the noodles are warm and the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the soy sauce, then remove from the heat.
- Divide between bowls, sprinkle over the nuts, sliced chilli and the reserved coriander leaves, then serve with the lemon wedges for squeezing over.